DR. DUANE BENNETT, MSDPeriodontist
Dr. Bennett has always loved teeth, but it was his two grandfathers struggles with periodontal disease that prompted his interest in the specialty. Dr. Bennett is a skilled clinician, published researcher and educator who has a wealth of knowledge and clinical experience. He has advanced training and proficiency in not only traditional Periodontal Surgery, but also the newest techniques in Periodontology including bone grafting, Pinhole Technique gum grafting (Non-palatal, stitch-free gum grafting), Tunneling Technique gum grafting (Non-palatal, limited incision gum grafting), and laser assisted dentistry. In addition to treating gum and oral bone-related conditions, Dr. Bennett has extensive experience in Implant and Sedation Dentistry.
He is an accomplished speaker and researcher and has lectured for some of the scientific and industry leaders in Implant dentistry. Dr. Bennett graduated with his B.S. and D.D.S. degrees, both from the University of Michigan. He was the Chief Resident at Indiana University while receiving his post-doctoral training in Oral Biology, Periodontology and Implantology. While finishing his post-doctoral training, Dr. Bennett also taught pre-doctoral dental students in clinic. Following his post-doctoral residency training, Dr. Bennett moved to the Pacific Northwest to practice in greater Seattle along with the Tri-cities (Richland) in Eastern Washington. In addition to his private practice in the State of Washington, he served as an Affiliate Clinical Instructor at the University of Washington School of Dentistry. There, he taught post-doctoral residents as they trained to become Periodontists.
Dr. Bennett is a member of the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP), the American Dental Association (ADA), the Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA), the Southern Maryland Dental Society (SMDS), and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He was born in Indiana but grew up in Michigan and Pennsylvania. While English is his native language, Dr. Bennett was a French and Francophone Studies minor in college and is conversational in the language. He spends his free time working out, reading, and giving back to the community with his wife Melanie.
- University of Michigan – Bachelor of Science in Anthropology-Zoology; Minor in French and Francophone Studies
- University of Michigan School of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- Indiana University School of Dentistry – Certification in Periodontics; Minor in Oral Biology
- Private Practice – Seattle (Kenmore), Washington
- Private Practice – Richland, Washington
- Clinical Instructor – University of Washington School of Dentistry
- Clinical Instructor – Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Chief Resident – Indiana University School of Dentistry (Department of Periodontics)
- Pre-clinical Instructor – University of Michigan School of Dentistry
Silver Spring Office 10801 Lockwood Dr., Suite 240 Silver Spring, MD 20901
Open 7AM - 5 PM Tuesday and Thursday.